If your Internet isn’t working, keeps dropping or is slower than expected there are a few simple fixes you can try.
Check for outages
Go to My Account and sign in with your username and password. Once in, you’ll see an overview of your account. On the right hand side of the screen, under My Services, any information about a service outages in your area will appear here.
Check the power and connections
If there are no reported outages, see if a few quick checks uncover the problem:
- Make sure the plugs for the devices haven’t come loose, the outlets are working, and a fuse hasn’t blown.
- Confirm that your account is up to date on payments. Late payments can cause an interruption of service.
Restart your modem
- Unplug your modem from the power by pulling the power cord from the back of the modem.
- If you have a router, unplug the power from your router by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the router.
- Plug the power back into your modem and wait 30 seconds.
- If you have a router, plug the power back into your router and wait 30 seconds.
- Check your Internet connection by opening a new web browser window.
- If you still have no Internet connectivity, restart your computer or the device experiencing an issue and repeat steps 2-5.
If you are still experiencing an issue after following the steps above, please contact customer service.