Closed captioning displays the audio portion of a TV program - including dialogue, narration and sound effects - as text on your screen. These captions can help when individuals have trouble hearing, dialogue is difficult to understand or sound must be off or low.
is presented on programming when captions are available.
- Press OPTIONS on your remote to access the Quick Settings menu.
- Highlight Closed Caption then press SELECT.
- Use the Up or Down arrow to turn On or Off.
- Press INFO on your remote, highlight the Closed Caption icon and press Select. or
- Press and hold the B button for at least two seconds. (Only available on certain models.)
- With you cable box turned on, press POWER on your remote to put it in stand-by mode and then immediately press MENU.
- Highlight Closed Caption then press the Right arrow to open the menu.
- Highlight ON/ENABLED or OFF/DISABLED and press OK/SELECT to select an option.
- To exit and save your settings, press POWER or MENU.
- Press SETTINGS on your remote to open the Quick Settings menu.
- Highlight Caption Off/On/On with Mute and use the Right arrow to change to On or Off.
- To exit and save your settings, press C.
- Press MENU on your remote to access Settings.
- Highlight Closed Captioning and press the Right arrow twice.
- Highlight Auto or Custom and press OK/ENTER to confirm setting.
- Press EXIT to return back to normal viewing.
You will need to use the closed captioning features built into your TV. Please refer to your TV’s user manual for instructions.