The i-Guide provides a parental controls feature, which allows you to restrict viewing and purchases of TV programs and services based on your viewing preferences. Once you set a personalized 4-digit PIN, you can place Locks by movie ratings, TV and content ratings, channels or titles. You can also hide adult titles from being displayed on-screen.
PIN set up
- Press MENU on your remote to access the Quick Menu.
- Select and press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to “Parental Controls” and press OK.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a 4-digit PIN and press OK.
- Once in the parental controls menu, you will see options to lock content and hide titles.
Lock by ratings and content
Locks can be set quickly in a variety of ways anytime while watching TV or using the guide.
- From the Parental Controls option on the Main Menu, you can filter your locks by Movie Rating, TV Rating, TV Content, Channel, Title, or Service.
- Under TV Content, you can lock the level of explicit content based on your viewing preferences for Violence, Language, Sexual Situations, and Suggestive Dialogue.
- Select Movie Ratings or TV Ratings to block content by rating. The guide will automatically lock that rating and the more restrictive ratings. For example, when you lock PG - 13, movies with R, NC - 17 and Adult ratings will also be locked.
Parental control settings include On Demand programming. To block all access to On Demand, select Service Locks from the Parental Controls Menu.
View locked programs
Tune to the program or channel you have locked and enter your PIN when prompted.
Bypass or clear locks
To temporarily open or clear all locks, select Master Locks from the Locks Setup under Setup on the Main Menu screen and change the options from No to Yes.
- Select Parental Controls Setup from Setup Menu, then under Master Locks change the options from Yes to No to turn Locks back on
- Turn the cable box off and back on