Call Waiting uses a special tone to notify you of an incoming call while you're on another call, and allows you to switch between the two calls.
How to use
- When you hear a special tone during a call, press and release the “switch hook” or “flash” button on your phone.
- Your first call will be placed on hold and you will be connected to the second call.
- You can switch between the two calls as often as you'd like by pressing and releasing the “switch hook” or “flash” button. Each conversation is private, and cannot be heard by the other caller.
- To end the call, just hang up. Your phone will ring and the remaining caller will be on the line.
- You can also end either call simply by having the caller hang up.
How to temporarily disable
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Dial *70.
- Listen for the confirmation tone.
- Dial the phone number you wish to call. During this time, another callers will hear a busy signal.
Call Waiting will be reactivated automatically once your call is completed.
Call Waiting is one of many features included with Suddenlink home phone service.