Only one name can be listed as the customer of record on each Suddenlink account. A name change can be completed for a number of reasons, such as:
- Marriage or Legal Name Change
- Deceased Account Owner (transferring to surviving spouse with same last name)
- Account Ownership Transfer (roommate, divorce, deceased family member, etc.)
What to do
To change the account holder name:
- Download the North Carolina Residential – Name Change / Account Transfer Form (If you have service and live in a different state, please call 1-877-694-9474)
- Complete the form and along with the required supporting documentation for proof of ownership and identification fax/mail it to:
Attn: Shared Services
200 Jericho Quadrangle
Jericho, NY 11753
If you prefer, you can also pick up or submit the form at one of our Suddenlink stores. Make sure to bring along your required supporting documentation.
- Once the name change has been completed on the account, you will see the change on your next billing statement.
Note: You will need to provide the new owner of the account with the Primary Suddenlink ID and password for the account.
Photocopy of one (1) of the following is required for all account ownership transfers*
- Current and valid Driver's License
- Current and valid Passport
- Current and valid Federal or State ID
- Military ID
- Green Card
*Except when transferring to surviving with spouse with same last name and including social security number.If your identification does not indicate your current address, you will also need to include a photocopy of one (1) of the following:
- Current lease or mortgage agreement in the new name
- Current utility bill in the new name