If you’re having a problem making or receiving calls or experiencing any of the below on your home phone you can use the troubleshooting tool to identify and resolve the issue:
You may also follow the steps below to troubleshoot on your own:
Check for outages
Go to My Account and sign in with your username and password. Once in, you’ll see an overview of your account. On the right hand side of the screen, under My Services, any information about a service outages in your area will appear here.
Check the power and connections
- Check all phones to ensure that they are on the hook and have the proper power.
- Check the LED indicators on your modem or MTA. If the power light is blinking or all lights are off, check the power cord to confirm it is connected to the modem and into a power outlet.
- Ensure that all connections are tight and that the modem is not plugged into an outlet that has been switched off. If it’s running off the battery the power light will blink but the Telephone light (T1 or T2) will stay solid.
Connect another phone
- A single jack may be the issue. Plug a different phone into the jack and see whether the problem still exists.
- If there is a dial tone, the fault was with your original handset or phone.
- If there is no dial tone, check the wall jack.
Test the wall jack
Disconnect the cable that runs between the modem and the telephone wall jack. Connect the phone and modem to another telephone wall jack available in your home.
- If there is a dial tone, the problem is somewhere in the inside wiring or jacks. You have the option to repair the wiring yourself, or you may contact customer service to submit a repair request to Suddenlink. If you have Suddenlink Safeguard and this repair falls within the boundaries of that plan, then you will not be charged for repairs to your inside wiring.
- If there is no dial tone, restart your modem.
Restart your modem
- Unplug your modem from the power by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the modem.
- If you have a router, unplug the power from your router by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the router.
- Plug the power back into your modem and wait 30 seconds.
- If you have a router, plug the power back into your router and wait 30 seconds.
- Check your Internet connection by opening a new web browser window.
- If you still have no Internet connectivity, restart your computer or the device experiencing an issue and repeat steps 2-5.
If you are still experiencing an issue after following the steps above, please contact customer service.